Vauxhall Combi Van Lock.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, have a Vauxhall Combi Van, 1.7 DTi Year off Man 02. The problem is when the fob is operated all locks work except the side sliding door, it will just click and that is it, any suggestions appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Sponsored Links
Hi boss
Central locking systems involve a solenoid, that pulls the locking levers through its wire core.
Just occasionally, the coil gets weak and doesn't have enough ooomph to pull the lock lever - they just move a fraction and I would guess thats whats happened with yours.
You should be able to move the door with the key or from the inside though.
John :)

Hi Burnerman, do not have a manual for van and there is no key to door, have at weekend got door opened from the inside so can do again, so would appreciate info as to what and where the solenoid is, if it is the coil is it easy enough to replace, or is it a complete replacement of lock. Thanks.

Time to visit the parts department of a Vauxhall dealer, methinks......they will be able to get a picture of the locking system up on screen, and to advise whether the lock and solenoid are just one or two separate items.
All can be revealed if you can remove the internal door trim of the offending sliding door and the lock replacement isn't usually too much trouble.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Thanks again John for your help, will be taking your advice, much appreciated. Bruce.

I had this very problem with my combi, bit of a design flaw imo. The locking lever is very susceptible to items in the van knocking it down, so it would lock closed and wouldn't open on the fob.

Since I have a shelf across the back of mine, crawling through to unlock was not so easy, but that was the only way to open it.

If yours is not opening on the fob, I bet that's what's happened to you.

My solution? I took the liner off and de-coupled the wire connecting the lever to the lock, making it useless. (How often do you need to deadlock a side door when you're inside the back of the van?)

Works fine now.

digdilem";p="1881866 said:
I had this very problem with my combi, bit of a design flaw imo. The locking lever is very susceptible to items in the van knocking it down, so it would lock closed and wouldn't open on the fob.

Since I have a shelf across the back of mine, crawling through to unlock was not so easy, but that was the only way to open it.

If yours is not opening on the fob, I bet that's what's happened to you.

My solution? I took the liner off and de-coupled the wire connecting the lever to the lock, making it useless. (How often do you need to deadlock a side door when you're inside the back of the van?)

Works fine now.[/quote

Thanks for your input m8, have checked that but is not the problem it appears to be an electrical fault, we are now looking at replacing the locking unit on the door. Thanks again.

Ah well, turns out I'm not a genius after all...

Sorry it wasn't that and good luck with the electrics.

Let us know if you get it sorted, because this fault can be caused by a fault on the body control module. I'll explain more if your repair is unsuccessful.

Sponsored Links
Back