Vauxhall Zafia 1.9tdi Fault Codes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
over the last 500 miles we have stated noticing a hesitation when gently applying throttle, normally cruising along in traffic or through a 40mph limit. When pushing hard the engine is fine with loads of power and no smoke.

I have an OBD2 reader through my phone so quickly tested it tonight and the following codes are showing.

P0380
P1901
The above codes were logged when I last read the ECU in the winter and I think they both relate to the heater plugs not working. This was illuminating the car and spanner light however only in cold weather and when the engine was cold, you could drive for a considerable time without the light illuminating.

P1614
P1616
These two codes are new and the program does not list a cause, I am assuming they have appeared since the hesitation problem has started, interestingly after the hesitation has happened once or twice the car and spanner light illuminates.

Any ideas would be appreciated, fuel filter was changed and housing cleaned out about 4K miles ago.

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys, I had got the same just last night.

Not sure why the immobiliser would cause hesitation though but will try the spare key and see if it makes a difference, problem is getting worse now.

I will come back and let you know if there is any difference between keys.

Sponsored Links
i think you will struggle with this one until it gets bad enough to permanently illuminate the eml. Cant see it being immobiliser related myself, did you replace any glow plugs the last time you had trouble?

Once running the the immobilizer wont have any effect neither will the glow plug fault P0380 is a glow plug fault, P1901 is the particulate filter not airbag. It may just require a "regen" by giving it a good run "Italian tune up style" high revs 20min plus.

just looked and If you have a laptop get Op-com and you can force a regen

Back