Vectra central locking problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My W reg Vectra remote locking does not work even after replacing the key fob battery.
If you lock the door using the key, when you unlock the car the alarm sounds.

Any info to help cure this would be great.

Cheers guys,

Paul

Sponsored Links
I believe that the alarm goes off because it self-arms when you lock the doors and leave for a while.

The key fob probably needs to be "retuned" with the alarm - with many remote fobs you do this by holding down two buttons at once until something happens.

Sorry that this is somewhat vague, but it might give you an idea of what to do.

Does the LED light up when you press the button on the keyfob? Is it built into the key? I have seen a tendancy for the terminals on the battery holder to break on these, this can be repaired with some fine wire and a bit of soldering, it is a bit of a fiddly job though so if you aren't complacent with soldering it may be a good job for someone who is. If the LED is lighting though it will probably need the car plugged into the vauxhall diagnostic computer to reprogram the alarm / central locking.

Sponsored Links
Our Zafira was like this after replacing the fob battery.Consulting the handbook,it tells you to put the key in the ignition,then switch on.You now have a 30 second window to press the "lock"button then the unlock button.
Your key should now be re-programmed to your vehicle.Hope it works for you.You only get 3 minutes to replace the battery, for the key to lose synchronisation with the car.Need new battery to hand before removing the old one.

Cheers for the input guys.

It was the battery holder ,it now works fine with a piece of cardboard in the back of the keyfob!

Back