Vectra - Swimming pool in passenger foot well

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help or advice please.

After a recent downpour I found a pool of water in the front passenger foot well.
I have not noticed a leak before, even during rainfall.
There is no sign of water coming from the door or the windscreen. The only place the water could have come from is the upper part of the footwell where the heater vent blows out.

The car is a Vauxhall Vectra, 52 plate.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Check the coolant level, to make sure its actually rain water there, and not a leak from the heater matrix!
If thats ok, check the condition of the rubber door seals to start with.
John :)

Possibly blocked drain holes, leaves etc, in the heater plenum chamber on the scuttle.

Wotan

Hi John and Wotan,

Many thanks for the replies.

As luck would have it, I had it booked in for MOT today. The nice mechanic pointed out the blocked drain plugs under the bulkhead grill (rectangular shaped pipe) and half a tree and a gallon of water came out when it was squeezed.

Apparently it is quite common.

Fingers crossed, all should be okay.

Thanks again.

Sponsored Links
Hi John and Wotan,

Many thanks for the replies.

As luck would have it, I had it booked in for MOT today. The nice mechanic pointed out the blocked drain plugs under the bulkhead grill (rectangular shaped pipe) and half a tree and a gallon of water came out when it was squeezed.

Apparently it is quite common.

Fingers crossed, all should be okay.

Thanks again.
I was correct then, it's nice to know the cause of the problem, thanks for letting us know.

Wotan

Back