Vehicle insurance

is the £200 specifically for the wing mirror, or is also for the one you say was your fault?

my van insurance is less than £200 in total and that includes it being wrote off a couple of years ago by a clown in a lorry (not my fault) got about 5k for the head injury and 3 for the van - repaired it for about £700, (the van not the head) the head just fixed itself, free!

- what are you paying in total
Last year it was £680 odd

This year £1085 without the accident that was my fault.

Best I got from comparison sites is £998.00

There is more to it to add to confusion. But to.much to go into.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Cost of repairing accident damaged cars has gone through the roof

Price if my insurance went up on the Transam by
92 squid and it’s on a limited mileage classic policy

Corvette by more :cry:

Cost of repairing accident damaged cars has gone through the roof

The claim is that all the electronics make repairs more expensive than they used to be, but surely all the sensors and cameras mean there are now far fewer accidents, particularly low speed bumps!

We're all being stitched up by greedy insurers because they know we have no alternative.

There needs to be a publicy owned third party insurance "company"... not for profit, providing just bare minimum cover to be legal so people can get on the road at their own risk without being ripped off.

So two claims then?
I feel sick. The second one an HTS van speeding down my road smashed my wing mirror .
I was standing outside the van.

They claimed responsibility

The claim is that all the electronics make repairs more expensive than they used to be, but surely all the sensors and cameras mean there are now far fewer accidents, particularly low speed bumps!

We're all being stitched up by greedy insurers because they know we have no alternative.

There needs to be a publicy owned third party insurance "company"... not for profit, providing just bare minimum cover to be legal so people can get on the road at their own risk without being ripped off.

Like the US and Australia

Is it not like Australia.

All registered cars have automatic 3rd party insurance.
You add to make fully comp. If you care enough

That would be a much better way of doing it...

Pay a fee each year to be registered, get bare minimum insurance to be legal, then shop around to cover your car if you make a mistake yourself...

That would be a much better way of doing it...

Pay a fee each year to be registered, get bare minimum insurance to be legal, then shop around to cover your car if you make a mistake yourself...
I think so. This protects the third party.

My friend picked me up from JFK a few years back, then gave me her keys and told me to drive to long beach.

I think it's the car is insured for any driver. Then you add personal insurance.

These comparison site are strange

I edited one quote to have £1000 excess instead of £250

And the bugger went up in price to £1500

Sponsored Links
Back