Vehicle sat-nav

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Cannot believe this !!

[url=http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/2440539/Syrian-lorry-driver-takes-a-1%2C600-mile-detour-to-Gibraltar-via-Skegness-thanks-to-sat-nav.html]Click: TOL[/url] said:
Syrian lorry driver takes a 1,600 mile detour to Gibraltar via Skegness thanks to sat nav
Surely blame the interface twixt device and activity .... Should 'Necdet' be driving at all ??
---------------------------------

I prefer the 'road book' style screen view... mounted just off line of sight:-
Tapping the text bar toggles map - text.

View media item 3100
A little like a 'rally road book'.

Whilst we still have some oil - does anyone else prefer this method?

:rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
My Shat-Nav (tomtom) took me to a point in Crewe 2.3 miles away from the actual house whose address I had inputted...

When driving out of my estate, it invites me to travel down a road that has never had through access to the main road for motor vehicles...

In the High Peak, it led me to a point on the A6, despite the destination appearing as A5004...

Travelling on the A500, it prompted me to turn right onto a road carried over the A500 by a bridge...

In the High Peak again, it tries to take me down mud tracks little wider than a motorbike...

It is riddled with mapping errors. If I had paid for it, I would be returning it as "not fit for purpose". Seriously.

It is often less than useless.

My own Garmin is much, much better, despite running older mapping software.

If he'd said "driving off my estate", would you have him down as a toff, then? ;)

Sponsored Links
When driving out of my estate,

Another council tenant. :rolleyes:

My dear joseph, you're not being council-ist again are you??

The problem with you joseph is that you jump to conclusions all the time.

My estate is not council, although it would not upset me if it was.

In fact, I am the proud owner of a 5 bed detatched in a very sought after area currently valued at around 400K. But then I'm not going to boast about it, even if I have been mortgage-free since 1999, aged 33....

Useful to use Google earth (latest is best).
Get the Lat and Long of a point outside, for example, the particular car park entrance you actually require or that friend's house in the countryside named but not numbered - just position cursor - read off co-ords ... Enter them in the sat-nav as destination, this has not failed us on several occasions.
:cool:

Back