vent an cw inlet location

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just had a Vaillant 428 Open Vent Boiler installed. I have noticed that the 15mm cw inlet is postioned on the top connection of a tee just before the Boiler return inlet. The 22mm vent is postioned on the top connection of a tee on Boiler outlet before the Pump.
The system is working fine with no air collecting in the Radiators and is not noiseyand I think the Plumber piped it this way because it was the most convenient arrangement of pipes.
My only concern is that this arrangement is unusual and not what I have seen before, is it likely to cause any problems in the future ? :)

Sponsored Links
I thought he was, but it turned out that it was his partner that who did all the gas work and commisioned the Boiler. I have no issues with the quality of the plumbing, it's just this unusual arrangement of cw inlet and vent that I am questioning. :confused:

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your reply, I agree with what you say. However the system seems to be working fine, what problems could there be with the arrangement I have been left with. The Plumber is not the easiest to challenge, it took a lot of persuasion to get him to correct a problem with the ABV that I had identified. I can imagine that he would tell me that the system is working fine and I should not worry about it. :confused:

Not had time to look at this for a few days. But one thing that I now realise, is that not only is the location of the cw and vent pipes unusual, but the Plumber has also put the cw inlet before the vent pipe !
What problems could this cause, could it result in hot water being pumped into the F/E tank ? :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back