Vent Pipe??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im thinking of putting a toilet under the stairs, i do have a soil pipe in the garage (which is the other side of the wall) that was left accesible in the corner for this very reason.

However it cant vent up as there is a bedroom above it now.

So i could either

a) Just not vent the pipe, but realistically would it stink?
b) Saniflo the toilet ( :evil: )
c) Could i vent up to the garage ceiling then run it horizontally, through the outside wall and up to the roof? (or does that defeat the object of venting straight up). This could be done quite neatly though as the garage celing has yet to be boarded up so i could cover it well.
d) I could probably but painfully run the waste under the boards of the existing house and into the other soil pipe which is properly vented.

Hopefully that makes sense. Thoughts most welcome :)

Sponsored Links
Tell us more about this soil pipe in your garage.
Is it capped off or does it have an air admitance valve?
Is it linked to the main drain?
Pete

its linked into the main drain. It used to be the old waste pipe, as it used to be the outside wall. At the moment it just sits a foot up from the floor and is just covered for now. Waiting to be connected or just cut off and capped if we dont use it.

In that case go ahead and use it and install a AAV (Durgo Valve) which keeps the smells in but allows air in.
Do a search on this type of install to see the regs about spillage height etc.
Pete

Sponsored Links
Nice thanks i will look it up, so there wont nasty smell coming back through the toilet or into the garage? with this. I'll look up it up now. Ta

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back