Venting cavity above insulation - Lap vent

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I thought I would repost and try my luck here here as no response on the general building forum.

Has anyone any experience of using lap vents http://www.lapvent.co.uk/ and if they work and how difficult they are to install - B Con are happy because they have the BAA cert but would be useful to know if tried and tested by anyone

We are doing a loft conversion and the fascia is tight to the external making it tricky for using normal over fascia/soffit vents nor do we want to refelt and re-tile with breather membrane. There will be unheated voids above the insulated ceiling and low level behind insulated stub wall so should enable cross flow up the residual cavity above the insulated sloped section.

The other one we were looking at was an easy vent or similar just to prise the laps open and let the air flow but no baa cert for these.

We have had no problems with pre converted roof space even though there is no vents at eaves or ridge- think the natural laps in the felt are doing the job.

Cheers

J

Cheers

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back