venting into loft

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello everyone i was hoping for some advice.
i am looking to get a portable air con unit for a small upstairs bedroom which comes with an exhaust hose.
I realize its probably not ideal but is it ok for me to cut a hole into the loft for this to vent the air into the loft?
If the unit i get says it has a water tank that needs emptying i presume this means all that comes out of the hose is warm air so moisture going into the loft shouldnt be a problem?

This would be so much better for me than out of the window or through the wall.

thanks all

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
even if the unit i get is one that collects the water in the machine?

I could do that yes is it OK tho if the exhaust tube is a bit longer then? It doesn't effect how well it works?
Thank you ALC I appreciate your advice

Venting into you loft isn't ideal but it shouldn't hurt your timber... the air coming from a monoblock unit will be warm but dry as the air is drawn from the room to cool the condenser... If you have a well ventilated loft then there should be little problem but if ventilation is poor then the loft will just get hotter and hotter..

Have you considered having a decent quality Minisplit fitted.. Quiet, efficient and will last a lot longer than a disposible monoblock

And they will heat too.

i would check with the manufacturer as there will be a maximum distance horizontally and a reduced distance vertically it will operate efficiently

I think the loft is quite well ventilated so it should be OK then which would be great if I can do that. I did look at the split ones but I was just trying to keep the cost down as it is a bit out of my price range to get one of them fitted.
And I will check the manual for that distance to see if there is a way to get it to vent outside the loft.

Thanks guys for trying to help me and not just be childish like some.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back