Veritas 8 alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I have just moved house and want to replace the alarm as existing one is damaged.
Can I use the existing cable for the PIRs and contactors? Some have four wires some have six?
If so how do you find out what does what when wired as all the cable is disconnected at existing alarm?
Can anyone show a diagram of how to wire the Veritas as I dont have a clue of which is best way to wire?

Sponsored Links
Hi ,
You will need a manual , it shows how to wire and how to program the alarm panel , and they are sold with both user and engineer guides.

Using a basic multimeter , you can very easily find out which sensor is which.Open a pir detector and verify the wiring code eg. red + black for power , green and white for alarm circuit and yellow + blue for tamper.then use the continuity beeper on the meter to identify the door contacts as they open and close , and the tampers on the pirs as you open and close the lids, then mark them up with a marker pen.You will have problems with the bell if you don't have a ladder.
Have fun.
Rgs.

Tried belling out zones! No success? How do i find continuity and how do i do it? There are no green and white supplies to my pirs so how do i find the continuity of the pir cable?

Sponsored Links
Most multimeters have a continuity function , touch the leads and it beeps .. so , if power is red + black , then yellow and blue will be alarm , so you either need to power the detectors and activate them one by one , or place a temp link across the alarm contacts , whilst touching your meter on yellow and blue at the other end , until the meter beeps .

It sounds like a botch install anyway if there are no tamper cores.

i have the installmanuals etc - can e mail u them - but u still need to get the cables sorted out.

let me know?

J

Have replaced all cable with new six core.Everything Ok except door contacts which according to the installation guide should be wired with four core. It seems strange that there is no power W 12v + G 0 going to the contact but R + B to zone and B + Y to tamper? Help!

Have replaced all cable with new six core.Everything Ok except door contacts which according to the installation guide should be wired with four core. It seems strange that there is no power W 12v + G 0 going to the contact but R + B to zone and B + Y to tamper? Help!

You can disregard the green and white pair on your contacts, just leave them disconnected.

The contact is a closed loop operated by magnet. Why would it need power?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back