veritas 8 compact change entry delay

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had a veritas 8 compact fitted recently and want to increase the entry delay from 10 seconds
I see the instructions in the install manual but the illustration of the control panel is different from my panel.Mine has a row of lights along the top and keyboard,the picture in the manual shows a row of numbered zones.
When I follow the instructions and enter 1234 the far left light shows red, this differs from the manual.I cleared it with "reset" Is this correct and can I continue to program mode,don't want to mess it up!
I have only one zone with contacts on one door, using "full set"
Thanks

Sponsored Links
You install this yourself?

Just 1 zone system so just an entry door?

The Veritas compact has a flip lid, and the engineers code is required to make any changes.

Thanks but the panel does not have a flip up lid . Key pad and row of lights along top I have entered engineer code 1234 and far left light shows red. If I enter a number other than 1234 nothing happens so I assume 1234 is correct as the red light shows?
Yes just one zone with contacts on entry door.

well 1234 prog takes you into engineering or on older panels 1234 00.

so your not in engineering I suspect.

the 8c has a small strip across the top and that flips up, otherwise all you see is red leds and a keypad below, when flipped up its labelled in full, the Veritas 8 has the leds to left of the keypad and the actual remote keypads have a flip down flap which when down shows the leds and the keypad.

Sponsored Links
If you don't have the flip up lid then you don't have an 8c in front of you, unless the flip lid is missing but in that case you would see the labelling of the zones and veritas 8c on the left under the flap.

search for veritas 8c under google images you will see what I mean, I know these panels reasonably well.

Apologies! I do have a flip up lid! However the illustration in the manual (which says it covers veritas 8, 8 compact and r8 ) shows a row of 8 numbered lights and 2 lights at the far right end ,one says "tamper",and above that "unset".So the image in the manual which came with the unit differs from the panel I have which,as you say, is confirmed as an "8C" Do I still follow the instructions in the book and assume that the red light which shows at far left is "tamper"? This light also shows red when I set the unit to exit.
Hope this makes sense!
Many thanks for your help.

without looking at the manual I would say its refereeing to the led remote keypad.

the instructions are the same across the veritas range and only differ significantly if the panel is old and uses 00 to get into engineering or you have an r+/excel which have additional features.

Thanks for that,so is the red (tamper?) at far left to be expected when I enter 1234 and can I proceed to program mode?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back