veritas 8 fault after rcd trip

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Veritas 8 alarm activated at 4.am a couple of days ago after working faultlessly for 4 years. The tamper light was flashing.

I managed to stop it by entering my code but it continued to go off every 15 minutes until the battery was flat. Didn't have a clue what to do, and my neighbour has a 2 week old baby, good timing. Fortunately it was only the inside alarm.

When I had stopped panicking I noticed the engineer had wired the alarm into the same switch on the RCD as the outside light, it had tripped and I remembered the outside light bulb had gone at 6.00 pm the night before.

Fixed the light and switched the alarm on (36 hours later) but only managed to set it and stop the unset light and the light on the main box from flashing by using omit and 0 in the user manual. The outside strobe light isn't working, I can set the alarm and activate exit and enter bleeps.

Complete novice what is my next step, any help gratefully received.

Sponsored Links
next step is to move your query to the ALARMS forum!

Let see if I can ask the mods to do it.

STand by…….

Sponsored Links
is your unset light still flashing or has the panel recovered now you have reset the trip?

If yes disconnect the battery, if unset goes solid, its your battery that needs replacing, if the panel goes dead, you need to check that power is getting to the panel from the mains and through the transformer, so check the fuses.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back