veritas 8 flat battery

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, My alarm activated at 4 am a couple of mornings ago. It is four and a half years old.

The alarm is connected to the same switch as the outside light, the bulb went and tripped the RCD, am I right in thinking that the reason it activated is because the battery is flat? Had a power cut tonight and it went again.

I don't know if my system is V8/V8compact/ or RB will the same battery fit all models? I don't suppose it is as straight forward as changing the one in a smoke alarm.

Haven't worked out how to reset yet so I used the omit 0 to stop the unset light and the main light from flashing. I may have to switch off the main power tonight if these gales trip the power again.

Grateful for any advice.

Sponsored Links
No you can fit a 2.1 ah in all,but the compact will only take a 2.1 ! If it's a standard or an r8 fit a 7.0ah bigger the better.

Buy battery,open panel,enter code to stop tamper ,swop battery ,close lid press reset .... Not that hard...

Sponsored Links
Not hard would image there be a few alarms playing up due to battery problems after the Weather last night

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back