Veritas R8 PIR problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, the wires should read about 0v when the PIR is not tripped and 12v when the PIR is tripped,

no it doesnt - theres NO volts across the alarm terminals
Then how does it work then?
I think the next easiest thing to try is to disconnect the wires from the alarm terminals and see how many volts there are on the panel

er, it`ll be none same as above
Odd, just tried it with a new panel and it read the line voltage for the panel with the wires disconnected.
terminals, hopefully there will be 12v which means the panel isn't at fault (and the link still isn't in from pre commisioning!!).

you dont do many alarms do you sparks
Nope, but I do work with instrumentation and electronics.

Sponsored Links
So your saying - with your test meter on volts you get a reading ACROSS the alarm pair ? I`d be very worried if I was you

you`ll only get a reading with reference to the 12v or 0v terminal - think about it - if there was 12v ACROSS the alarm relay the ffng fuse would blow everytime the sensor closed wouldnt it

you never heard of a short between poles (well of course you havnt, why should you have) or multicore cable ?

my fault finding ability isnt in question, certainly not by some half wit like yourself who couldnt even understand the opening post now #### off like you keep promising[/quote]

Nothing but an abusive know it all idiot

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back