Veritas 8 Tamper Light comming on although alarm is not set

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

For the past few days the tamper light on my Veritas 8 alarm seems to come on. The annoying thing is that the alarm isnt set and it eminates a loud buzzing sound usually in the middle of the night!

I have to type the code and press the reset button and all is ok. Any ideas what the problem is here? Maybe flat battery? if so can someone tell me where its located

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
A tamper by any chance ;)

Tamper circuit is a 24hr circuit.

On the Veritas, the tamper loop is global, meaning one tamper loop for all detectors. The bell and keypad tampers also show up as a global tamper on the keypad.

Look for loose covers on detectors, or dodgy connections inside detectors - including the magnetic door contacts.

The most likely is the outside bell tamper switch as it gets all the weather out there. Could be the battery, but isn't the usual culprit.

its most likely is the battery in the control panel as they only have a finite life - could be the switch on the outside sounder but thats not usually the problem

you had anyone working in the house recently?

Sponsored Links
if the back up battery has not been changed in the past 4-5 years then replace it, if the problem still persists then link out the bell tamper in side the main control panel... and try that for a few days BUT DONT forget about it, if the problem goes away with a link in then a new bell box is required.

try this first, then let us know how it goes.

Hi,

For the past few days the tamper light on my Veritas 8 alarm seems to come on. The annoying thing is that the alarm isnt set and it eminates a loud buzzing sound usually in the middle of the night!

I have to type the code and press the reset button and all is ok. Any ideas what the problem is here? Maybe flat battery? if so can someone tell me where its located

Thanks in advance

I'm getting exactly the same... gives you a heart attack at 2am when the internal bell goes off.. I would be interested in hearing how you get on..

AFAIK, a failed battery does not normally cause the panel to go into tamper, but if it is >5 years old, I'd change it as a matter of course anyway.

AFAIK, a failed battery does not normally cause the panel to go into tamper, but if it is >5 years old, I'd change it as a matter of course anyway.

afraid it does old chap - we discussed it last month if you think back

Hi,

Thanks for all the responses.

I have had anyone working in the house and the outside bell is only about 6 months old. I reckon its the battery but not sure where its located. Can someone advise please with pics if possible :)

Thanks in advance

Do you know where your main control panel is located?

It will look either like the bigger box in this picture:

127.gif

or maybe this:

cctv3.jpg

The battery will be located inside this.

And probably looks something like this

2.1%20SLA.jpg

You will be able to get a new one at any electrical wholesalers, or on a sunday, maplin should have one.

Thanks for the info.

My control panel is located in the hallway and looks similar to the second picture.

I guess if i open the flap I should be able to see the battery in the bottom part of the control panel? Is it a simple DIY change?

Thanks in advance

when you take the lid off the internal sounder will go, pump in your code to silence the system.

date & swop the battery.

replace lid & press reset.

now that il be £47.00+vat please :LOL:

Hi,

Went to Maplins but they only have the 12v 2.3Ah in stock. The current battery in the mains unit is 12v 2.1. Is there any major difference, i.e. will the 2.3 one do the same job or am i better of waiting until tomorrow and getting the 2.1Ah

Thanks in advance

also as long as your panel is r8/r8+

if it is a compact 8 ( c8 ) then the only suitable would be 2.1ah. omi.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back