Veritas alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just bought a house with a veritable alarm. I have the code for the alarm but have been told it has not been used for several years. I managed to download the manual and I have found out which rooms link to which zone however Zone 5 I am unable to find out where it is. I have done the Walk test and all the zone work 1,2,3,4,6. As soon as I go the panel and input my 4 number code, zone 5 lights up red . I then press 'part or full' and the alarm starts beeping but it doesn't stop, so it isn't setting. Don't understand why zone 5 lights up in red when I put my code in and also why system doesn't set, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thankyou

Sponsored Links
If you have a red light on zone 5 that shows open circuit.
Have any doors been changed ie front door or back door could have had magnetic door contact on ?
Did they have a shed ?
Is there any panic buttons in bedroom or front door that could be pressed in?
If not only way to sort is link out zone 5 in control panel with wire link.

Thank you. Nothing has been changed in the house I'm told.
So, am I to open the control Panel to link out zone 5.
Do I need an engineers code to do this Or can I just input my own code.
If I link out zone 5 should this then enable me to set the Alarm ?
Your help is very much appreciated
Thank you

Open panel lid enter code to stop noise
Link out zone 5 with wire link
Put lid back on
Code reset
Now should be able to set alarm.

Sponsored Links
Thank you, much appreciated. Will give this a go tomorrow.

Sadly I am unable to do it took panel off checked no keys were stuck and looked At back but can only see 4 wires and not sure where they are to. Looks like I may have to get someone out but just another expense unaccounted for when buying the house ! Thanks for helping it is appreciated

Sounds like you have taken remote keypad off the wall ?
There will be a plastic box in a cupboard ,garage ,airing cupboard,loft area.The box is about 30cm x40cm and has the control board and battery in it,same colour as remote keypad.

Pardon my ignorance but how do I Lonk out zone 5 with wire? Have been down to the house and looked in the box but wasn't sure what I was to do so left it. Could you Help further if I took picture of inside the box?
Thanks

Small piece wire between the 2 screws on zone 5.
That will link out the zone.
Take a photo of pcb could show what is wired on circuit board ?

Hopefully, the cable connected to zone 5 will be labelled in the panel. You can then locate the device and estsblish why it is active.
If your lucky you may have a zone list adjacent to the control panel

Thank you so much for your help. I have opened the panel box but not really sure what to do.
I took two photos which I have attached. Maybe you can see from the photos which is the wire I need to link out
Thanks again, much appreciated

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    192.3 KB · Views: 90
This is the second photo

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    96 KB · Views: 93
You have a device on zone 5.
To link out zone 5 you need to put a link across z5
Zones 7 and 8 are linked out ,so all you need to do is put a link like z7 or z8
Then that should let you set the arm.
You could then spend time on finding out what is on zone 5.

If you follow the zone 5 wire back does the red and black go to the aux volts,if so you have a movement detector to find.
If not it could be a door contact or panic button that could be pressed in ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back