Veritas PIR Fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’d been decorating my living room which had a PIR and a keypad, so I disconnected them to paint. When I rewired them I blew the fuses.
I’ve replaced the fuses but when I try set the alarm my hall PIR stays lit up on the keypad and the alarm won’t set.
I have a part set which disabled the hall PIR and when I set the alarm this way it works fine.
Could the hall PIR be faulty??

Sponsored Links
Does the PIR itself light up when you move in front of it? If not you may have the power wires back to front.

If it does light up then the alarm circuit is open, make sure the all wires are in place correctly.

All PIR’s light up as they should.
Here’s a pic of the keypad, when I press full no 6 PIR stays lit on the keypad (which is the hall PIR) I’ve not had this PIR off it was the living room PIR

Attachments

• E69CDEA3-A31A-46F2-A036-3D16F351B395.jpeg
    E69CDEA3-A31A-46F2-A036-3D16F351B395.jpeg
    189.6 KB · Views: 133
Ok so there’s a break in the actual circuit wires for the Hall PIR, I doubt the sensor is faulty. You can try swapping the Circuit boards from another sensor to prove this, unless you have a multimeter in which case you can test the relay in the PIR to prove it that way.

When you disconnected the other devices did you come across any joins of wires in the sensor or keypad?

Sponsored Links
Went back into the main panel and found a broken wire from no6 PIR all sorted now

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back