vertical shower rail help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I could do with some plumbing help. I have recently had installed a Euphoria wall mounted sower from Grohe, 27296. I have had to have the vertical shower rail replaced, which the plumber whipped off for me. I have had a quote for lots of money to put the new one back on when to me it seems like a pretty quick job and one that even a girl like me can do!! I don't object to paying for trade and time its just that it seemed alot for what was going to be quick. I have looked at the parts, of which there aren't many and am just not confident enough to put it back together and hope for the best. There has to be more to it than that. Everything is in-situ water etc, its just the vertical rail needs going back on. Is there anybody out there that could tell me what to do. In anticipation......and looking forward to a shower.

J :confused:

Sponsored Links
Look here. It should give you an idea. We can't give definitive instructions as we have no idea what make/model riser rail it is.

Unless it is the Euphoria, in which case, shouldn't the plumber have put it up as part of fitting the shower, especially as he removed the old one?

Have you not got the instruction manual ?
The shower rail on this model fits to the top of the bar mixer and has one bracket at the top.

But as said should have been done with the mixer.

Thx for speedy replies.

Yes the plumber did put it all in and then take out the vertical rail because it was damaged but to come back he has quoted quite a high price , I think.

To me it looks as though it would take the best part of five minutes.

Perhaps I should source the instruction manual from the suppliers. It is a euphoria Grohe shower if that is any help. It has an independant handheld head that attaches to the rail and a fixed overhead shower rail.

Sponsored Links
Yes the plumber did put it all in and then take out the vertical rail because it was damaged but to come back he has quoted quite a high price , I think.
He shouldn't be charging again to come back.

Perhaps I should source the instruction manual from the suppliers.

You get the instructions with the shower if it's new.
Has the jobs worth taken them with him ?

Thanks for replies and instruction. very helpful. Will check out and set too and let you know how it goes. I am reluctant to say how much he wanted because I feel disloyal as it is but lets say it was nearer a hundred than not!! As I said I don't mind paying for trade and time, its their job but I just felt on this occasion it was rather steep when everything is in place and it is just a case of replacing a rail. Of course i am not a plumber and may be quite wrong.

on reading instructions it suggests using a 'special grease' on an o-ring. Any ideas waht this 'special grease' maybe?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back