Very baffling damp problem - Help!!

I just had a look at the driveway and just where the air brick in the photo is, there is a different patch of concrete which actually slopes to the house, which I suspect may cause puddling of water (but I have never really noticed) - i'll check next time it rains (probably tonight!! :D )
if water is going towards the house from the concrete, it could be a major source of dampness. Especially if it is wet in the cellar. Have a think about how to change it. If you end up having to dig any of it it up, try to include a french drain against the wall as well.

Sponsored Links
Thing is John, if a french drain is installed then it might only be removing the problem from the surface down to, presumably, already damaged and saturated brickwork in the cellar wall(s)! Swings and roundabouts.

Observation is req'd during a water test with say a hose pipe, and during rainfall. I'm still curious about the original DPC Installation - was a report issued after an inspection? If so where is the report?

Sponsored Links
How would I go about getting rid of the hydroscopic salts from the bricks if it was this?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back