Very draughty back door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a wooden back door which is near my bathroom. The draught that comes through it is unbearable and makes that part of the flat freezing.

Not only does it come through the bottom of the door but also the sides.

Any solututions? There is a strip draught excluder running along the bottom but does not seem to be doing anything.

Thanks
nicola

Sponsored Links
or save yourself a thousand pounds, carefully look at the existing draught excluder to decide why it doesn't work, and replace or renew it.

If you have drafts then the door is not fitted correctly, refit and then look at external draught excluder for a few pounds.

Sponsored Links
You can get a really good draught excluder that you screw into the outside of the door frame. It consists of aluminium lengths with a rubber seal - 3 lengths (top and 2 sides) - fitted it to our front door and it made a massive difference

Can't remember what its called though - I'm sure of the other guys on here can give you a product name ...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back