Very hgh pitched noise coming from the radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a radiator in my duaghters room that seems to be giving off a very high pitched noise, like a dog whistle. It is getting worse and worse and we have had to take her out of there as she cant sleep. Does anyone know what may be cuasing this problem. I have tried bleeding the radiator but it didnt help. Thanks

Sponsored Links
try fully opening both valves on the radiator counting the turns required on the the valve you dont use to turn off the radiator normaly to try and remove any restriction in the system thats causing the whistling

i assume the heating is on when this happens!!!!!

Hi,
Thanks for the reply, the noise seems to happen when the heating is on or off, so its a bit confusing.

dont think the heatings to blame then!!!!!
perhaps the fault is elsewhere but the radiator is amplifying the sound

if the noise is continuous and constant its more likely to be electrical !!!!!!
try turning off all electrical items in that room and neibouring rooms untill the noise stops
if that dosnt work turn off all power to the house

if that dosnt work consider if the noise could be coming through a wall from next door

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back