Very Loud banging

A visit from Ariston has solved my identical noise/vibration problem.My plumber had installed the expansion vessel using the flexible pipe supplied connecting it to the 6bar valve. The Expansion Vessel was fixed to the wall using the supplied bracket with the flexible pipe connection underneath.The vessel was lower than the conection to the safety valve.Ariston say this is incorrect as the expansion vessel will have air trapped in its lower part, beneath the diaphragm, and this causes the diaphragm to vibrate when hot water is drawn off.
It has been repositioned below the 6bar safety valve connection with the 22mm connection now uppermost. This has solved my problem.

Sponsored Links
Hi Peewit,
I have the same problem with my plumbing and I also have an Ariston fitted.
Please can you explain your cure in much more simplistic terms.
Sorry, it's just that I moved my expansion vessel and I think I may have installed it incorrectly?
I would really appreciate a reply.

Look forward to hearing from you?

i'll bet you lot never even entertained the thought that ARISTON cylinder's could be possesed ,,,

hence all the banging ,,,come on ,,it's so simple

the goblins are having a disco ,

and then you go and ruin it by drawing hot water :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
I'm sure you are finding it amusing but those gremlins are doing my head in.
Can you help at all and work out what the problem is because peewits reply does not make easy reading?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back