very loud internal sounders

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, can anyone recommend a very loud internal sounder (except the masterblaster or inferno) for my alarm system. my internal speaker (16 ohm) is loud but behind closed doors upstairs its pretty rubbish.would the sound bomb 2 (the one with the 4piezo's) make any improvement?. thanks.

its a 2 floor house and the speaker is in the kitchen. its loud downstairs slightly loud upstairs but rubbish if any doors are closed.

will the sound bomb fix this. from your experience are they loud?.

Sponsored Links
to wake me up!. I just want a very loud sounder. I'm not bothered about entry exit tones. I will replace the speaker. thanks

Sponsored Links
it will be in the same position as the speaker in the kitchen. is the sound bomb the best choice?.

It's not that simple... If you go for a screaming loud internal siren, you can't connect it to the speaker output - you'll need to trigger it from the same place as your external bell. This will mean that you won't get (and probably don't want) the entry/exit tones and/or trouble tones from this siren. The speaker output is usually loud enough for the average house, provided that the speaker is installed in the hall or on the Landing. If you bury it in a cupboard behind the winter coat collection, it will be a bit quieter!

good god no, I have no intention of connecting the sound bomb to speaker terminals. what I meant to say was I will mount the sound bomb at the speakers original position. (I am getting rid of the speaker). I will wire the bomb to the aux + and bell output. sorry for not being clear.

The reason I am asking this question is because I do not want to waste any more money on a sounder that's no different from the speaker output volume. I have bought sounders in the past including elmdene units and they were no different to the speaker volume. I need something louder. thanks

You could do worse than the Elmdene INT400. Also, the CQR SOINT2 could be a good choice - you can use the low tone for the "speaker" and the high tone for the bell.

sorry just one last thing. probably a stupid question but here goes. as sounders or speakers get older do their volume decrease?.

A word of caution. The idea of a sound bomb is to force the intruder(s) to leave the location due to the pain in their ears.

If you place the sound bombs close to the place where the control panel is you run the risk of doing harm to your hearing when you go there to stop the bomb sounding. Very loud sound can be disruptive to your thought processes and this may cause confusion in which you then miss enter the reset code.

Last edited:
hi guys its me again. I have bought the the recommended soint 2 and also tried the sound bomb but there is no improvement in volume, still. I was wondering would buying an elmdene 8 ohm speaker do the trick. I have read that most panels can take 2 16 ohm speakers. so I guess it could drive a single 8 ohm speaker.

so will a 8 ohm elmdene speaker make a difference in alarm volume than a 16 ohm or will it just be the same and use more current?. thanks

Do you perhaps have a hearing problem, sounds like it to us?

Get a LONG length of cable and temporarily run it up/down/around the house until you find the right spot, then move the speaker, easy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back