very low pressure on bath hot tap!!!!!!!!!!! help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HELP ME PLEASE.
I RECENTLY FITTED A NEW BATHROOM SUITE AND EVERYTHING WENT FINE! WHICH WAS A SHOCK IN ITSELF. BUT THE ONLY THING IS , THE BATH HOT TAP IS AT A TRICKLE! I HAVE READ THE OTHER THREADS ON THIS SUBJECT AND I UNDERSTAND IT MAY BE BECAUSE OF THE DIFFERENCE IN SIZE EG BASIN TAP IS 15MM AND BATH IS 22MM. BUT THE BATH TAP IS ON THE SAME PIPE AS THE BASIN TAP ONLY 2 FOOT AWAY HOW CAN THE PRESSURE THAT IS AT THE BASIN TAP JUST DISAPEAR WHEN IT GETS TO THE BATH TAP? THE DIFFERENCE IN PRESSURE BETWEEN THE TWO IS INCREDIBLE!
THIS MAY BE A STUPID QUESTION BUT.... IF THE PRESSURE IS GREAT COIMING OUT OF THE 15MM BASIN TAP THEN CANT I JUST FIT A 15MM BASIN TAP TO MY BATH?
IS THIS ALLOWED/OK/ILLEGAL ?
THE BATH TAP HAS FLEXIBLE HOSE GOING TO IT WITH A CUT OFF VALVE FITTED, I HAVE MADE SHOW IT IS OPENED ALL THE WAY .
PLEASE HELP ME ITS DRIVING ME MAD! I HAVE NOT YET FITTED MY SHOWER AND IT TAKES ABOUT 45 MINS TO FILL UP MY BATH! [/b]

Sponsored Links
Look down the hole in the flexi pipe and the valve on the flexi pipe (look at another one in the shop - the same) and you'll probably find the hole is about 8mm - not even 15 mm. You may be able to get a flexi with a larger bore or do a bit of plumbing to connect direct to the tap - tricky.

33F_CAPLOCK.JPG
[/img]

Sponsored Links
IM SORRY I DIDNT KNOW USING CAPS WAS A SHOOTABLE OFFENCE!
IM SO SORRY IF IT OFFENDS.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back