Very Patchy grass

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a small lawn in the back garden. Two thirds are overshadowed by large trees. I laid turf 2 years ago and now the grass is very patchy, like my thinning hair. I get many leaves falling onto the grass in the autumn. I tried to get as much of the leaves off as I could. I want to reseed but I don't know what type of seed to but. How shall I lay it and will it be safe for my cat?

Sponsored Links
Most good seeds suppliers will sell you the right mixture for the job if you tell them the conditions.
You could of course, keep treating it, and removing weeds when necessary, and eventually grass will naturally appear that survives in the conditions you have. In other words, nature takes over.
It will be safe your your cat, but if your cat is like ours, it will probably scratch it up for toilet purposes. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back