Vibrating pipes / Radiator valves

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a Worcester Bosch combi boiler (24i RSF) with which we had no problems until we had thermostatic radiator valves fitted last December (Honeywell VT117E Bi-directional) to all radiators excluding the one in the bathroom. When the heating comes on in the morning, after approx 45 mins we get a terrible banging noise ( I think it's the pipes, my other half thinks it's the rad valves). This isn't always from the same radiator. This can be stopped by tweaking a rad valve, not always the same one, usually by increasing the flow through it. When it first started happening we tried bleeding all the radiators which didn't help.
Any help would be much appreciated as I need as much beauty sleep as I
can get.
We don't appear to get the same problem when the heating comes on in the evening - we are at work then but we don't hear anything at the weekend.

Sponsored Links
find out which is thr flow end (gets hot first) and see if the valves are at that end or not - does it correlate with the bang?

ChrisR said:
find out which is thr flow end (gets hot first) and see if the valves are at that end or not - does it correlate with the bang?

After dashing round the house this evening I can now tell you the radiators we have a banging problem with have their valves at the opposite end of the radiator to where the hot water comes in

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back