Vibration diagnosis quashqai 63 reg 1.6 petrol j10

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, so the water pump and aux belt replaced by myself, then pretty much straight away 45 - 60 mph lots of front end vibration and a knocking/ jerking when taking foot off accelerator, releasing the jack, it released way to fast and dropped relatively hard, perhaps something went?? Any tips or advice would be great! Quashqai is on 102,000 miles, the local garage can't get me in for another month so need to diagnose myself asap

Sponsored Links
hi, onto wheels, I was finished and intentionally let the car down, just he jack was more keen than I thought, thabks

The car should easily stand that - much greater stresses are incurred during normal use.
Anyway, time to jack up again and check for any spring damage or whatever. Spin the wheels, see that everything seems to run true etc.
Is there anything left where you were working, I.e any metal bits, wheel weights?
John

Sponsored Links
One thing that the qashqai is very prone to is wear on the bottom suspension joint, where the wishbone connects to the suspension strut......pay particular attention to that!
New joints are available but usually the complete wishbone is replaced at the same time due to bush wear there.
John

I see you had to remove engine mount for access ,engine mount may be slightly out of align /under stress from original position.
trying losing bolts rocking engine by hand gentle then re tighten bolts up.
I had this problem when a clutch was done on a fiesta
Worth a try

I would have said look at the engine mounts or stabilisers.

Sponsored Links
Back