Vibration Noise From Boiler

have sent the e mail will post the reply if i am wrong im big enough to admit it as im sure most of the guys will tell you as i said i fitted one 3 weeks ago so if they have modded it you would think they would be fitting it from new or at least issue a trade bulletin

if you check most of the mans instructions it tells you the valve on the top is not a bleed point :)

Sponsored Links
Ok laxhill...good luck then :D
Meant to apply more to original poster but as you've said, seeing date sent, probably sorted by now

Kevin is a heating engineer who (based on his posts) knows what he is talking about. A pressure vessel can NEVER have a vent or a auto air vent can never be a pressure vessel. While one might exist, I (as a heating engineer) have never seen an auto air vent painted maroon.

Purpose of the expansion vessel is to accomodate system water volume expansion. Rumble cannot come from it. I could be wrong, so could the Worcester engineer who replaced the expansion vessel. Vessel shape is of no consequence. Expansion vessel is a chamber with a membrane in the meddle that separates water from air. You cannot compress water so water compresses air. No air cause water to be expelled from the system. This happens often and posters on these pages have this problem regularly.

So I have said my piece to morally support Kevin just in case he is going to hang his keyboard like the excellent another excellent engineer (PVM- sorry to see him give up). No wonder with the tone of some posters I have refrained to put 'pen to paper'

To original poster- your problem HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH EXPANSION VESSEL.

just had the reply
the new expansion vessel DOES incorporate the aav (news to me )
so i was wrong :oops:

somthing to remember guys :)

dont worry dp not about to throw it in yet :)

Sponsored Links
Thanks for update Kevin. I was in no way knocking your professional knowledge it was just that you said I couldn't have what I knew I had (if you follow). Having fitted one recently it was a reasonable thing for you to say.
For the record the boiler still hasn't "rumbled" since the vessel was replaced last Sat. Prior to that it was doing it 20/30 or more times a day. So whether this makes sense I don't know - I can only report what has happened.
I won't reply to DP's post....... "NEVER" indeed .. I just love it ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back