Victorian Cornice Repair - What Product

OK.....

I wouldn't want to put screws in it now, as it might just split and break. Also, I could just screw into lath, which would be pointless.

What's stuck to thr ceiling is stuck solid.

As I said, if it comes down when building works being, so be it.

I just want to make it as secure as possible.

Casting Plaster, looks like I can only buy a huge bag.

Any other suggestions?
You drill pilot holes to stop the cracking and you can buy small bags of the plaster heres a link to a suitable plaster other than that i would have it cut out and replaced you can cut the profile yourself you do this buy sawing the damaged piece off then you get a piece of card and put it at the end of the cornice then get a pencil and draw round the profile of the cornice transfering the profile onto the card, now you have the profile you can take that to a fibourous plasterer who will make a horse and stock with the shape of your profile and run it on a bench then you can fit the cornice replacement yourself in instrctions i gave you earlier but make sure you leave about a 3mm gap at each end of the new piece as the plaster you are using to stick the new piece up fills this tiny space making the joints invisible https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mouldmaste...4&hvtargid=pla-420005839616&psc=1&th=1&psc=1#

Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back