Viessman Vitodens 100-W Heat Only Wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I'm considering replacing my boiler with either the Baxi 600 Heat only range or more likely a Viessmann Vitodens 100-W Heat only.
The current boiler is a 30+ year old Glowworm 45-60 so just has a single "call for heat" switched live.
The rest of the system is S Plan with 2 motorised vales for CH and HW and I really want to leave this untouched.

The Baxi seems to be designed exactly for this replacement, with no permanent live and no pump over run required, however I prefer the SS heat exchanger in the Viessmann and don't like the "all in one" combustion controller idea in the Baxi. Any thoughts?

From the Viessman install guide, it looks like it needs a permanent live (easy to add) and the switched live call for heat going to pin 1 on plug 96 which should be easy by reusing the existing boiler feed? What did i miss here?
The circulating pump won't be wired directly back to the boiler, so no frost protection and no pump overrun, but I could get pump over run with a delay-off relay easy enough.
My other question is if weather compensation is worth adding in this configuration? From what i read, this just modulates the boiler to a cooler temperature when the weather warms up? Does this also mean the Hot Water would be cooler in warm weather? ...as the boiler does not 'know' what it is heating?

Any thoughts on boiler choices welcome!

p.s. I have a Gas Safe buddy doing the gas work, although he's not Viessman trained, but i really wanted to do the rest! I'm also planning to add a Magnaclean during install and full flush before.

Any thoughts welcome!
Thanks Mark

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back