Viessman Vitodens 100-w pressure problem

Your systems pressure relief valve
(PRV) should open at 3 bar ,and water should come out of that pipe outside. If the expansion vessel is functioning correctly ,your system pressure shouldn't get to 3 bar in the first place . Your pipes and radiators etc can cope with more than 3 bar.

Sponsored Links
I have an older Viessman vitodens 100-w wb1b 30kw install 2011. When we first got it and it still does it now when in stand-by it goes down to 0.2bar pressure. When it was new I topped the pressure up thinking there was a problem with it . Of course soon as the boiler heating came on the pressure rose to 2.9 . The installer said I shoiuldnt have topped it up as it didnt work the same way as my previous vokera boiler where the stanby pressure was constant 1.5bar. This Viessman stand-by pressure drops right down , then when it comes on rises back to 1-1.5 bar. Lesson learnt here for me I now leave it alone. Seems like you have an over-pressure problem as you know. Hope you got it sorted.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back