Viessmann 200-W WB2B - Help With Accesories

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I hoping someone with Viessmann installation experience can help me out.

I have recently bought a Viessman 200-W system boiler (WB2B) With the following accessories.
Vitotronic 200 Weather Comp Controller - 7193952
Vitotronic 300 Remote Control Unit -7248907
Standard Horizontal Flue Kit – 7373237

The problem is the manuals are quite vague on the wiring side, so Im after a bit of advice on what connection goes where on a Y-plan configurataion.
I cant seem to understand if the vitotronic 200/300 controllers can control CH/DHW like a convention timer. The controllers seem to plug into some sort of KM BUS.
Is there an accessory which is required that triggers the motorised valve ? And has inputs for the cylinder stat ?

Im sorry if the above doesn't make much sense, as im not a installer. I am having this installed by a friend who is Corgi registered, but he hasn't installed one of these boilers before. So I thought i'd some research before the he comes round.

Thanks for reading

Sponsored Links
these DON'T work with a y plan!!!

you need to use the internal diverter valve to use W-C. basically you need to run a fresh flow/return to your cylinder and if you've a unvented cylinder you'll need further parts.

the 200w's are a awesome bit of kit, i've chucked a few in now and 1 with weather comp! get it wrong and you're in a world of mess.

I have fitted many 200 and 300 units and can give advice if required. If you call veissmann technical they are top of the game and will help you through any problems you have.

youve obviously had better luck than me! the one thing that lets viessmann down is there technical line.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies.

I've sent Viessmann an email as well. I did read in the manual about the internal diverter valve, I was mainly wondering if there was some bolt on kit which allowws the y-plan configuration.

There is also going to be a Ultrasteel unvented cylinder installed. Does anyone know if the supplied Dual stat can be used, or would I have to purchase a Viessmann Cylinder stat ?

right, you need to use the internal diverter valve if you want to use the weather comp. thats it and all about it, SIMPLE AS!

to use a unvented cylinder on this boiler needs a internal chip upgrade so that you can use a 2nd 2 port valve, this is for G3 regs. your installer will know all about this because he is qualified, trained and UNDERSTANDS his task. however, if he doesn't know his task, why not get him to go on the FREE training course viessmann provide, then you get 5 year warrenty not 3 (its 10 years on matter who installs it on the heat exchanger)

just my thoughts but, you'd not buy a ferrari and take it to your local car mechanic because he is not trained to maintance it, NOR should you buy a top end boiler and expect someone who is not trained about them to install it.

youve obviously had better luck than me! the one thing that lets viessmann down is there technical line.

i agree that some of their tech guys can be a little defensive of their products when often you're simply asking a standard question/making a observation of the product.

one thing to remember, these weather comp kits are designed to work in houses with rather good insulation properties, infact they struggle to maintain a good constant temp in a house with anything other than good insulation!

Ring viessmann technical and ask for hugh he is very patient and can deal with any level of novice or engineer. Remember its a technical help line not a diy help line

Thanks for advice, i'll give them a bell as soon as I get some skive time at work.. :LOL: ;)

Can you tell me which part I need to have the Viessmann control the 2 port valve for the unvented cylinder. I just got to make sure everything is here for when the installation starts.

Thanks again

Ok, thought I would update this thread as I have now spoken with Viessmann and this is what you need.

If using a 4 pipe system and using an unvented cylinder, the follow additional parts are required

7179 114 - Viessmann cylinder temp sensor
7179 057 - H1 Internal extension - for control of 2 port valve

Also, you can use Y-plan with this boiler, its just that you then cant use any of the Viessmann controls. You would need to opt for thrid-party controls such as that supplied by honeywell.

Cheers

Gurmon

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back