Viessmann 200w WC and room t/s

Tony, would it be possible to have your contact detail as well please?

Sponsored Links
Tony, thats why I wrote:

It all supposes of course that radiators are correctly sized

Its not about obeying instructions, its about understanding the importance of doing things in a certain way!

To see if you can contact a poster just click on his Screen name and you will see if he publishes direct contact information.

I do but surprisingly many dont and a few even hide their profiles. ( Alex! )

In some cases you can send a Private Message although I dont encourage those.

However, having a real life and for safety reasons I dont give individual telephone advice on diagnosing boiler faults and certainly not to those living within my service area. Nor do I encourage unreg gas work.

I once had someone call me on a Sunday afternoon at 1600hrs about his boiler problem and I offered to go and repair it an hour later! But he told me that he wanted to save the money and just wanted me to tell him how to do it himself "because I give free advice on boiler repairs"!

Tony

my pofile is and should be viewable by all...please let me know if its not...

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the instruction Tony. It's a great service you guys provide on here.

I did wonder if you had blocked just me so logged out and its still blocked!

Just think about all those enquiries about W/C that you could have been missing! W/C is Alex's main reason for living!

A friend has a medium size house and has fittted 26 different UHF heating zones including one for each of the 7 toilets which are flushed from the 6000 litres of stored rainwater. All based on just one outdoor W/C sensor.

I am waiting for a cold winter to visit with a temp meter to see how balanced the room temps are. He has employed East Europeans to do most of the work but still needs me to do boiler repairs in his rental houses when the cheap contractors drop off!

Tony

When I click on it I get: "Private Profile - You do not have permission to view this profile."

It works now and has a web site and a tel number!

What was wrong with it? Did the outside sensor get disconnected?

Back to the topic!

You can only connect a Vitotrol 200/300-A with the weather compensation, not as an alternative. It provides remote user input to the sysem plus a small proportion of room temperature influence. This is of doubtful benefit [it is intended for systems with several mixer valves] and, once the heating is set up, it will need very little adjustment in actual use.

I would suggest that you try it without the Vitotrol at first, and only add one if you need it. You can run a low voltage pair cable [bellwire] in case you need it.

Now that he understands what the W/C does, I expect that he will realise benefits and might be happy with it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back