Viessmann Compact Flame symbol

Reaction score
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I have a Viessmann compact heat only boiler used for Central Heating only.

Issue: When boiler starts (even from cold) the flame intensity or level stays on minimum on display (see attached picture).

I have been advised by Viess Tech support to notch up the CH dial but even on setting 6 the flame level doesn't change. It keeps on running at low setting to reach the desired level set by thermostat but is very slow to heat the rads.

I have reset the boiler a number of times with no luck. If I go into 'Serv' mode of boiler, the flame intensity goes up or down if I rotate the CH dial clockwise or anticlockwise. If I restart the boiler after getting out of Serv mode it keeps firing at minimum flame setting.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_6677.JPG
    IMG_6677.JPG
    175.7 KB · Views: 189
Sponsored Links
I have a Viessmann compact heat only boiler used for Central Heating only.

Issue: When boiler starts (even from cold) the flame intensity or level stays on minimum on display (see attached picture).

I have been advised by Viess Tech support to notch up the CH dial but even on setting 6 the flame level doesn't change. It keeps on running at low setting to reach the desired level set by thermostat but is very slow to heat the rads.

I have reset the boiler a number of times with no luck. If I go into 'Serv' mode of boiler, the flame intensity goes up or down if I rotate the CH dial clockwise or anticlockwise. If I restart the boiler after getting out of Serv mode it keeps firing at minimum flame setting.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
If I didn't recognise the name, I'd have referred you to the other thread!

For anyone with flame intensity stuck at the lowest level on vitodens; see attached.

Even though the instructions apply to combi variant, I can confirm that it also worked on heat only version of the vitodens as well and after following the instructions the CH dial now behaves as it should!

Viessmann Tech support told me that its either plate HEX or Gas control valve.

Attachments

• flame level.png
    flame level.png
    178.4 KB · Views: 92
  • Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    687.6 KB · Views: 185

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back