Viessmann Vitodens 100 poor heat

You stand on your head.

With your right big toe, twist the heating dial clockwise whilst with your left kneecap turn the water dial to face the Vatican.

Quickly turn them both roughly towards Mecha out of respect for the other abrahamic faiths then turn the hot water dial to maximum.

Now.

Turn the heating dial to 12 o'clock and the hot water one to minimum.

Leave for ten minutes whilst you have a cuppa then quickly turn the heating dial back towards somewhere you hold close to your heart.

At this stage we are up to a flow temp of 75.

So what you do now is the same process in reverse, but substitute the Vatican for Gloucester cathedral.

You go back down to 70 degrees again, but never mind.

;)

Sponsored Links
Hi
This morning my Viessmann at home is sending the central heating water from my boiler at 62*C. The dial is not at maximum. The flow pipe from the boiler is too hot to touch. I have 6 radiators on at present. My house is warming up nicely.
These radiators are too hot to leave your hand on for long and the return pipe at the boiler is still hot but you can put your hand on it. All non - scientific. I expect the return temperature is about 50+*C.
So if the flow pipe leaving your boiler is uncomfortably hot to touch - and I expect it is at nearly 70*C which you said is its temperature - the boiler would seem to be doing its job. So where is the heat going?
Can you heat just one radiator up properly by turning the others off? How about 2? Can you feel the flow pipe cooling down from the boiler on its way to the first radiator?
Have a play around after the service this morning.

the 100 compact will get no higher than 70c in normal mode, end off.

How do you get it out of normal mode, installation manual gives an output at 80/60.

When I checked today the boiler was reading 73deg at one point. It had been just under 70deg.

In the main room the thermometer reading was below 60deg, everyone kept their coats on!

Like you I had read the higher temperature in the manual, but how to get it is the problem.

Regards
Will

Sponsored Links
Hi
This morning my Viessmann at home is sending the central heating water from my boiler at 62*C. The dial is not at maximum. The flow pipe from the boiler is too hot to touch. I have 6 radiators on at present. My house is warming up nicely.
These radiators are too hot to leave your hand on for long and the return pipe at the boiler is still hot but you can put your hand on it. All non - scientific. I expect the return temperature is about 50+*C.
So if the flow pipe leaving your boiler is uncomfortably hot to touch - and I expect it is at nearly 70*C which you said is its temperature - the boiler would seem to be doing its job. So where is the heat going?
Can you heat just one radiator up properly by turning the others off? How about 2? Can you feel the flow pipe cooling down from the boiler on its way to the first radiator?
Have a play around after the service this morning.

Hi Alan.

It wasn't convenient to play around with the system this morning. But I intend going back this afternoon and try from scratch.

I'll turn off all of the radiators in the main hall and let the system run to see if it can heat the six remaining radiators enough for them to get very hot.

Regards

Bill

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back