Viessmann Vitodens 100-w configuration

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I had a new Viessmann Vitodens 100-w boiler (the new version) installed last year. The guy who was installing and commissioning it had never seen or commissioned this boiler before, so I guess he didn't do it in the most efficient way:
1. I've got Google Nest thermostat but it looks to be connected as a regular switch on/off thermostat - not in Opentherm mode.
2. The boiler display and Vicare app always show that Heating circuit 1 is off. But the boiler does switch on when Nest wants so. If I switch on Heating circuit in the boiler, it starts working based on the Vicare app schedule.
2. Flow temperature gets to 70 when triggered by Nest. Adjustment of regular/comfort/reduced flow temp in the Heating circuit doesn't change anything (well, probably because the boiler thinks the Heating circuit is Off all the time).
So my guess is that the installer connected the Nest as an external heating demand trigger. I went to parameters menu and changed "Flow temperature for External demand" from 70 to 55 - it helped, and now Flow sets around 55 when triggered by Nest.

I want the boiler to be as efficient as possible. The question I have now is - shall I just live with whatever configuration I've got now, or shall I invite an engineer who can check and adjust the boiler settings to make it more efficient (I don't know if weather compensation is enabled at all, for ex), and reconfigure it to work with Nest via Opentherm (dynamic flow temp change, etc). Or is there anything I can do myself?

Any advice?

Sponsored Links
Most manufacturers will have a list of installers who have taken their training courses so ring Viessmann or contact them online.

thanks, @vulcancontinental. Is switching to Opentherm worth it at all? Do you think there is something I can check or change in the settings that would improve things without opentherm?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back