Viessmann vitodens 100-w

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening all
Has anyone here wired the above boiler with a cylinder stat and a room stat via a 2 channel programmer?

Sponsored Links
Hi John
Just having an issue with it and thought I'd ask before I write war and peace about it..

mine is like that. But it has a programmable room stat so the timer/programmer is set to CH continuous and HW twice.

It is not zoned.

Sponsored Links
No not zoned
It's a combination boiler used on kind of a S plan
Valve for hot water only..
Cylinder stat set to 60 but boiler running continuously i.e cylinder stat not switching off ( water is red hot)

or incorrectly wired?

What sort of motorised valve does it have?

If you set the timer to HW off, then HW should go off regardless of the cylinder stat condition.

Did it ever work correctly?

What temp is the boiler set to? It must be higher than the cyl stat. What actual temperature is the tapwater?

Who wired it?

or incorrectly wired?

What sort of motorised valve does it have?
Not sure can check tomorrow..it's purely for hot water only
If you set the timer to HW off, then HW should go off regardless of the cylinder stat condition.
It does..

Did it ever work correctly? The heating works but when the cylinder stat is up to 60 degrees the boiler just shows the tap symbol so the heating doesn't get a look in

What temp is the boiler set to? It must be higher than the cyl stat. What actual temperature is the tapwater?
Boiler was set to 6 about 80 degrees

Who wired it?
I wired it

In that case drawing of how you have wired it and pictures of actual wiring terminations on valve and boiler would assist in crystal ball gazing

20161003_190818.jpg
In that case drawing of how you have wired it and pictures of actual wiring terminations on valve and boiler would assist in crystal ball gazing

You have never answered the question about what temperature the boiler is set to provide.

While heating hot water, the boiler needs to be set to provide about 10 C above the set water thermostat.

The cylinder stats are not exactly precision devices and it is difficult to set them to a particular cylinder temperature based solely on their calibration without measuring the actual water temperature.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back