Virgin Landline not Working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I re-decorated an upstairs bedroom which had a telephone extension (see Photo 1), or I assumed it was an extension. This extension hasn't been used for years so I decided to disconnect it. I then noticed a few days later that nobody could call in on the landline and the caller receives a message stating, ‘we are unable to connect your call’.

As you can see from the photos, we have a virgin box and a BT Master box downstairs. I assume the BT Master Box is redundant as we are on the Virgin network, anyway I did test it regardless and received ‘we are unable to connect your call’.

I then tested the Virgin Box next to the BT Master with the test socket and again ‘we are unable to connect your call.

The landline was working perfectly ok until I disconnected the extension in photo 1. I can re-instate the box and reconnect it in the bedroom to see if I can get it to work again but as I don’t use this extension box I would rather keep it as it is.

Any advice on on how to get our landline working again would be apprecited.

Attachments

• Photo 1 Bedroom Extension.JPG
    Photo 1 Bedroom Extension.JPG
    181 KB · Views: 35
  • Virgin.JPG
    Virgin.JPG
    321.9 KB · Views: 33
  • BT Master.JPG
    BT Master.JPG
    257.4 KB · Views: 33
Sponsored Links
Image 2- the virgin box- I cannot see any extensions.

What happens in the bedroom if you reconnect 2/3/5?

Disconnecting has probably shorted one or more wires together.

Just removing wires would not result in a problem when calling in.

Reconnected 2/3/5 and the same problem. Not sure whats going on as it was fine before disconnecting image 2 in the bedroom

Attachments

• IMG_4343.jpeg
    IMG_4343.jpeg
    151.1 KB · Views: 11
Sponsored Links
Found that i can make outgoing calls but not incoming.

I am only guessing, but it sounds like a network issue. You only have two cores running in to the main box. Your secondary box had 3/6/5. One of those 3 only existed for the legacy "ringer".

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back