Virual Reality PIR Assessment

Sponsored Links
Ah, intesting use of technology, they seem to say that it covers things that you might not see in years in the real world, not sure how true that is likely to be :LOL: , it looks like its all very text book which is alright up to a point but then breaks down.

I bet theres a whole host of things it neglects to mention, I notice NICEIC seem to be keen on their safe isolation, which are not so safe went there is a borrowed neutral involved...

I bet I've seen things out there in the real world over the years that the virtual reality jobby couldn't even imagine!

Sponsored Links
Talking of which... haven't seen picture of the week for a while... [/hint] lol, otherwise i migth have to try and dig out a good one meself...

I'll see if I get chance tomorrow.

I've been doing mainly new build site work most of this year, so not really come across too much.

I'm sure there will be something in the archives tho!

Due to if one does three courses it costs £10 and for one it costs £200 I have started to study Physics AS level. What a load of nonsense. An example question:- "An optical fibre is used to transmit digital images from a security camera to a computer where the images are stored. A prominent notice near the camera informs people that the camera is in use. Discuss the benefits and drawbacks associated with making and storing images of people in this situation." (AQA 2005)

I would answer the main reason for camera is a deterrent and it is unlikely to be of any real use fighting crime. However the point is daft unrelated questions are asked when people try to forward themselves with academia. And it does not really matter what subject you select maybe with exception of maths.

Even the 17th Edition exam asks questions about which regulation covers what in Appendix 1 for example. To my mind there should be no questions on the appendix it is not the regulations it is just an appendix and for reference and guidance only.

Until academia get real we will always have problems where graduates think they know but really are in the dark. Using a virtual data base is at least going in right direction. I remember noting with my C&G2391 how the cables were too short for readings so there must be a fault. Turned out cables were replaced with resistors so emulate a large building. So just hope it all works.

Personally (as a joiner ), All assessments should be done on site. I know airline pilots are now assessed by this VR nonsense, but there's no need for it in the building industry. The way it's going , I can see a time in the future where you phone up someone when you have a problem and they go online and sort your house out with nanobots (or summat). Then send you the bill.

I can see the scenario " Hello, I keep getting a shock off my shower!". " Ahh madam , just give me your IP address and password,,, I'll have it fixed in a jiffy.".
" Well thankyou , young man, I'll go and have a shower now."
"Yes madam, glad to be of service,,,, Now ,,,, If you can just turn your webcam on,,,,!!!!!!!" ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

LMAO :D :D :D

Sims-Sparks Gold Edition :D

but £700 for a PIR course. It's more than the actual 2391-10!

Footnote: If anyone knows where the software is going "cheap" I would be interested in assessing a copy.:cool:

but £700 for a PIR course. It's more than the actual 2391-10!
That's a different course altogether.
Footnote: If anyone knows where the software is going "cheap" I would be interested in assessing a copy.:cool:
Best of luck with that! The NICEIC are very good at protecting revenue - and exploring new revenue streams. For instance, they already sell books, DVDs and equipment, they have a training division and they do insurance and van leasing.

Coming soon: NICEIC incubators and nurseries, followed by NICEIC primary schools and healthcare trusts, the NICEIC academy, university, mortgage brokers, care homes and funeral parlours.

On a serious note, computer-based training is fine if augmented with the real thing, but is utterly worthless for the average guy on the tools. If you are good enough to not need to go on a course then this system could be very useful (if horrifically expensive). If you are not that switched on, you really need human interaction. And as the average reading age of the electricians I encounter is rarely above about twelve years (seriously) I wonder how many might 'self-medicate' with this kind of course and emerge with a little more knowledge and an entirely dangerous assessment of their real competence.

I have yet to be convinced.

"An optical fibre is used to transmit digital images from a security camera to a computer where the images are stored. A prominent notice near the camera informs people that the camera is in use. Discuss the benefits and drawbacks associated with making and storing images of people in this situation." (AQA 2005)
Is one allowed to discuss the benefits and drawbacks of using optical fibre cable for an application like that?

:rolleyes:

Sparks_300X454.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back