virus problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am encountering problems with my PC, messages of viruses are coming up 34 in total some critical.
I have done a scan with essentials, antispyware and malwarebytes and not flaging anything up.
The status is saying protected, but a window keeps displaying with these threats?
and other stuff it's scary!

Sponsored Links
If your anti-virus and anti-spyware software isn't finding anything, what app is telling you that you have these 34 viruses? And what is it asking you to do about it? Can you post a screen shot of the message?

I will try, how do I did it.
I am at work, so do it latter about 8pm.
All I can say at the moment, is it's a shield symbol on the bottom PC menu bar, near the clock.
Comes up as Secure, do a scan, then all the nasties are displayed.
And request to protect, I press that and starts to download something, but the nasties remain.
That's of the top of my head, know better when I get home.

Sponsored Links
Right update, had a few problems getting back online the pc wouldn't let me.
Scanning came up with a file called Rogue win32/win websec, deleted that.
The security software that was bring up the messages was called Security Suite, is not one of mine, don't have clue where it has come from, but was asking to to upgrade/purchase or continue unprotected?
Could not get shut of it, so did a restore back to Friday, now doing scans.
No nasty items found with Malwarebytes.
Essentials is still doing it's stuff
Superspyware, has so for detected 24 Adware flash tracking cookies and 676 Adware tracking cookies. Don't have a clue what all this means, but still scanning.
But at least back on-line.

Yes I have had these over last 12 months, everything on the screen flashes making out you have loads of viruses. Complete scam, just delete continually and it just clears! Looks professional, it means nowt!!!!!

The free Windows tool Autoruns.exe from SysInternals (bought by Microsoft) is excellent to help hunt down rogue programs trying to run.

Download it, run it, press ESC to cancel the auto-scan of your machine, then go Options, hide microsoft/windows entries. Then click Refresh, and look for entries in the list without a publisher at first. These are usual rogue or wierd bits of software. You can then right-click entries you are not sure of, and select "Search online" to google the process name and help you check whether it's legit or not.

Fake AV programs can get onto your machine thanks to defaced ads placed on even legit websites.

A method to help stop browsing by accident to rogue/p0rn sites for example is Blue Coat K9 Web protection. I've used Bluecoat products at work before (they manufacture Proxy servers), and it's good to see a top name giving away free services. Their software behaves a bit like a net-nanny, and is very configurable.

Hope this helps.

can these programs run along side what I have already ie malware/spyware and MSE?
Forgive me but it's not really my thing.

can these programs run along side what I have already ie malware/spyware and MSE?
Forgive me but it's not really my thing.
Yes they can, Autoruns is an ad-hoc tool that i run once per quarter or so, just to check status. BlueCoat K9 can be loaded up to protect against malicious site being accessed.
Killing Task Manager processes will work temporarily. Use Autoruns to determine where the nasty runs from (registry/IE addin/Windows Startup) and then kill it there :)

T

MSE scan came up clean, took forever to do thanks for all the input!

I will give the tips a go and hopefully stop them nasties invading my cyber life ;)

Sponsored Links
Back