Visonic panel advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Currently looking at completely wireless systems for a traditional 3 bed domestic semi, and interested in the Visonic range as research so far seems to indicate they are particularly well thought of.

I've been looking at the following...
PowerMax Complete
PowerMax Pro
PowerMaster-10 G2
PowerMaster-30 G2

Basic features appear pretty similar but it looks as though the PowerMaster range is using newer technology and perhaps are slightly more 'scalable' - but with a higher price tag?

Perhaps not from day 1 to minimise initial outlay but I'd like some form of remote alerting - preferably using existing broadband connection to avoid ongoing GSM fees. Also if there is any form of 'web interface' or a smartphone app, which will appear to my inner geek, so much the better.... AS LONG AS I don't have to fork out for a monitoring service! It's not clear from any literature I've come across so far what can (or cannot) be done with the add-in modules available. Or if they even are available.

Although pretty technical, I know the Visonic alarms are intended for professional installers (hence the lack of available info?) and I've not ruled out 'getting someone in'. But I do like to do my research and know exactly what I'm getting... or not.... without the potential sales patter, so I'm not contacting any installers yet. As this is a DIY forum anyway, I'm sure most would think the same.

Can anyone advise on the relative merits and capabilities of those above?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
I'd go with the powermax complete......comes with QuickStart manual, Visonic build quality, can add the gsm350 module and the powerlink2......and best of all you can buy them on a diy a budget.....

If you get stuck fitting, for sure there will be a local installer to help out..

Power master series really aimed at higher end......it's overkill for what you want!

Thanks E999, do you know what you can actually do with the powerlink2 module fitted as details on the net are like rocking horse poo!

The main purpose of powerlink 2 is to offer secure web access to alarm panel via smart phone ect.....from there you can then check status of alarm, arm /disarm and even control X10 compliant devices via the app.

You will get on screen alerts/ updates from panel as well.....

There is also a facility to view cameras BUT I think you have to use their camera system which is not so good........

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
Will do, thanks Matt, just to confirm though if you can remember when dealing with them - you don't have to use any monitoring service to connect via the powerlink do you? Just point the app at the panel thru your home router?

I dont think so but its a while since Ive fitted...Visonic are always revising alarms...best to check with Max as they will have it on the shelf...01291 421111 - and tell him Matt from Response recommended him :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back