Visonic panels - Abort Time, Entry Delay, Siren on line

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Quick question about Abort Time and Entry Delay - do these timers run concurently or one after the other i.e. each are set to 30s does that mean the alarm sounds after both have elapsed at 60s or after 30s - the manual is not so clear on this point.

Also, the Siren On Line option - very bad double negitive description IMO seems really simple but i 100% be sure about what its saying - anyone?

The system i will be installing is a PowerMaster-10 but the defaults and function discriptions for these options are the same in the PowerMax+ install guide so i guess their operation is quite standard across the range.

thanks
e

Sponsored Links
Abort would normally be set to 0. Unless you want to delay bells for any reason.
IE, 30 Abort with 30 entry = 60 seconds until bells sound.

Siren on line is, "If the phone line is cut/lost" the siren will activate.

Any good

;)

great, thought as much good to get it confirmed thou.

another 2 questions - current plan is to site the pannel in a cupboard away from the front door making it harder to find - i'll have the keypad for every day entry/exit. To do this i'll use the AC supply plugged into a plug socket in the short term and long term get a fused spur added from the main fuse box through to the panel.

first, is the general advice to put the panel somewhere hard to find like this if you have a keypad?

and then if i do this i'll need to turn of the system and dissconnect it when the spur gets added, to avoid unwanted bells i assume i can just delete the wireless bell box from the device list to stop it ringing and make sure the control panel internal siren is turned off then just dissconect the power and battery from the panel? but will i be able to just power up the system afterwards?

Sorry, got tied up elsewhere.

Yes get the panel as far from the door as possible so it has a chance to dial out on the land line, with GSM even so too.

When you move it have the spur ready. Unplug and when it tells you there is a mains fail just enter your code. Then remove from wall and enter again when it goes into tamper.
Now refix and there you go, no need to power down the battery.

Sponsored Links
Regards the Abort Time. I haven't installed my external siren yet so only have the PowerMaster-10 on the workbench whilst setting it up.

I've set the Abort Time to 30 secs but the panel siren sound instantly when triggered via a PIR (manual says it should sound warning beeps). Is there another setting to activate this option?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back