Visonic powermaster 10.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm finding a mismatch between the revision 18 of the installer manual and the actual control panel menu contents.

Panel sw version number: JS702277 I18.040
Installer manual is revision 18.

Some items in the manual are not present on the control panel menu,
Some quite a mismatch, hence missing functionality.

Has anyone else found this? Questions to Visonic would appear not to be answered.

Sponsored Links
1. whats in the manual and not in the panel and did you access it the correct way
2. is the panel UK version and the manual UK version?

I don't tend to install Visonic panels but do maintain them from time to time.
Sometimes manufacturers only have certain functions for certain countries, the UK does miss out sometimes.

As for no response how long have you been waiting, are you an installer and if you are try contacting the visonic rep.

1. whats in the manual and not in the panel and did you access it the correct way
2. is the panel UK version and the manual UK version?

I don't tend to install Visonic panels but do maintain them from time to time.
Sometimes manufacturers only have certain functions for certain countries, the UK does miss out sometimes.

As for no response how long have you been waiting, are you an installer and if you are try contacting the visonic rep.

Missing from control panel config.

MISSING configuration options

01 entry delay1
02 entry delay 2
04 exit mode
08 disarm option

36 confirm alarm
37 abort time
38 cancel alarm
39 alarm reset

92 Battry type

Additionally, the option to clear the log does not follow the manual.

Re UK vs ?? Eu / US? Manual refers to multiple options. Panel is
AC mains shows both.
Conclusion? There is not US/UK version?

As for response? Seller - none at all. UK Visonic 3 days, US Visonic 4.

Dave

Sponsored Links
Has no one a recent alarm this model?
Suggest anywhere I can ask please?

If you believe its wrong, then go back to where you bought it from and express your concerns.

If you bought it from a reputable source.

1. You should get an appropriate panel
2. You can usually get them to push the manufacturer to provide some support/ explanation as to what is going on. If your struggling for support.(they don't want to lose a sale?.)

3.If the panel is wrong they should help get it exchanged.

Some manufacturers will only support equipment bought through official channels and if your an installer.

Realistically I am not sure where else you can go for help, other than a company that installs Visonic and it is likely they will charge you upfront for a consultation and or site visit.

Please bear with me, what does it say (all words) on the Front Cover(s) of your manual(s)?

Please bear with me, what does it say (all words) on the Front Cover(s) of your manual(s)?
"installer guide Powermaster-10/30 G2 Fully supervised wireless alarm control systems"

No revision information on cover

If you believe its wrong, then go back to where you bought it from and express your concerns.

If you bought it from a reputable source.

1. You should get an appropriate panel
2. You can usually get them to push the manufacturer to provide some support/ explanation as to what is going on. If your struggling for support.(they don't want to lose a sale?.)

3.If the panel is wrong they should help get it exchanged.

Some manufacturers will only support equipment bought through official channels and if your an installer.

Realistically I am not sure where else you can go for help, other than a company that installs Visonic and it is likely they will charge you upfront for a consultation and or site visit.

Remote selling legislation (UK). It's going back unless they come up with something.
You can guess what it would be like trying to get any support from such a company in case of a problem.

Largely solved, thanks to a forum member.
In case anyone else has similar issues

Course it's not my fault <grin/>
The manual does match the hardware (once you know how to interpret the software version).
The key point I missed was setting the 'operation mode' (rev 18 manual, section 5.14.1).
Installer code / 13: Operation mode. The operation mode is keyed off this setting.
On advice, select EN-50131, which then (manual 5.14.6) "others"(FTW?)
allows the 'missing' parameters to be set.

My other 'problem' was the event log. The manual is plain wrong. It cannot be
cleared, but is now a FIFO store, overwriting the oldest entry.
All it would take is one line in the manual?

Brownie points to the helpful forum member, Ian from http://securitytradesuppliers.com/
Black marks to the doco writers at Visonic.

Last edited:
Makes sense I guess, EN50131 activating/ deactivating menus.
Thanks for sharing the solution have to remember that Visonic if you disable a standard the menus disappear relating to the standard.
Never entered my head thought it might have been a foreign panel ie not having to meet certain standards so option not available, learn something new every day.

I know it's an old thread, and we've only just spotted it. The equipment supplied by us (Diy-alarms) is all UK equipment - PowerMaster is country specific, and the panel would have been an 868-1:ANY panel. We cannot identify the poster, but we do try and give as much help as possible. We do agree that Visonic are rubbish at support - even to installers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back