Visonic Powermax - low PIR battery

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all,

I've had a couple of PIR low battery 'Trouble' notifications of late. Replaced both without any issue.

However my living room sensor is displaying the low battery warning on the panel again (only replaced about 3 weeks ago).

It's not the battery as have tried swapping with another sensor and the warning stays for the living room sensor. I've left the battery out for a few mins and doesn't resolve.

I've read that you can remove the sensor and add in again, but need the installer code which I don't have (tried default and my own code).

Other than calling out the installer (reluctant to do as will likely need a new panel battery soon given the time since last replaced, so don't want two call out charges in quick succession!), is there anything else I can do? Will it cause a problem if I do nothing for now?

Getting a bit frustrated with the system as lived in this house for just over two years and this would be the third call out. Would prefer something lower maintenance!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Don't these panels have two engineers code a master engineer and a sub?
often find Master engineer has been changed but not the sub engineer.

The sub engineers can do pretty much anything you would need to do.

2 years for he panel battery seems very short, was it already installed?
Was the panel battery low when you moved in? or was it some time after living there, or was it after a power cut?

Had to change panel and siren battery 2 months after moved in Nov 17 (just unlucky I guess). Then had to replace panel battery again in Nov 18. I actually queried this with installer but said it can happen.

I can't see anything about a sub engineer code, just user and installer.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back