Visonic powermaster 30 low battery warning won't clear

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

We've got a Visonic powermaster 30 with MCT-303 shock sensor on a window. I've had the "low battery" warning, changed the battery, but the error won't clear on the main panel (which means we get an annoying BEEP every miniute unless I log into the panel!).

Any ideas?

Things I've tried:
- Multiple batteries
- Leaving the old battery out for a few minutes before inserting a new battery
- Arming and unarming the system

I did have a similar problem with another sensor last year, in the end I ended up unrolling the sensor.

UPDATE:
Sorted it. I don't know what exact combination of things made it work, but the main unit now recognises the sensor. The last thing I tried was leaving the battery out for about an hour, then re-inserting it, whilst giving the case a firm push.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
glad your sorted

has been said on here and other forums many times.

when you take battery out that is low n wireless devices, there is residual power in the system.

if you tamper the device several times after removing the battery, this should burn up the power ( or leave it some time). Then replacing the battery should be an issue.

some devices like a walk test, like the risco one way contacts and shock devices so the tamper is cleared, the way round that is down power the main panel, replace device batteries and power the main panel back up it never sees the tampers that way.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back