Visonic Powermax - can't clear keyfob battery warning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,

I have a self-installed Powermax complete. It's been working fine for a couple of years, apart from the proximity tag sensor fails after a few days. Not a big deal, I just type the code in.

However... I'm currently selling my house and the estate agent has one of the keyfobs. I had a viewing today and got home to find the system flashing READY TRBL. When I went into the system it showed F01-BATTERY LOW (and indeed the voice notifier says "Keyfob low battery").

But I can't get rid of this message. The panel is constantly showing the yellow warning triangle and flashing READY TRBL. I've tried arming and disarming and that doesn't clear it.

Any clues? Have I really got to traipse over to the estate agents, get the fob, put a battery in it, arm and disarm the system to get rid of the message? Because that's the only thing I can think of that I haven't already done!

(I know I'll have to replace the battery in the fob but it's weird the the panel won't let me clear the message)

Powermax documentation is typically light in this area so grateful for any advice!

Thanks
J

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back