yale hsa6400 keyfob low battery question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hoping yaleguy can help me out really.

I have replaced the battery in my keyfob (HSA6060) as the control panel had the orange warning light informing me of a fault (low battery). However, even when replaced the fault keeps returning (in fact the fault won't actually clear when trying to do so). I've therefore deleted and re-added the keyfob more than once to see if that will reset it. But still the fault comes back.

My partners keyfob is fine and no error code (low battery) for that one. So I'm wondering, do you think the keyfob is faulty? I've tried three different batteries and in fact checked them with a multimeter, the batteries are all good.

thanks

ps the alarm is now over one year old and so far has performed faultlessly ;)

Sponsored Links
Ok. The first thing is obviously hhave you out the battery in the right way? Does the red light come on they keyfob when you press it? Second why new battery at 1yr keyfob CR2032 would normallu easily last three years or more. 1s it a good replacement battery have you tested the voltage? Have you scrolled down the fault log to see if it is another problem? Last thing try removing the keyfob from the system via the devices-remove device option and then reprogram it back in using the devices-add device option ;)

yes I've done all the things you said. That's why I'm wondering if the actual keyfob is faulty. There are no other faults in the fault log.

by the way do you know if it's possible to clear the fault log so I can start again?

If the faulty device is still in the system you wont be able to clear the light or remove the device from the fault log display. You will have to remove the keyfob from the system by using remove device.
You will then be able to clear the fault log using the backspace key followed by tick. It could be a faulty keyfob as the battery should have lasted a few years at least

Sponsored Links
Had exactly the same situation.

Cleaned the battery contacts and now it's cleared the fault.

Just scraped them a bit with a screwdriver and popped the battery back in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back