Vitodens

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Looking for options to replace my old ideal Mexico open plan with a combined system and tank setup like the vitodens 222. I've had two heating engineers out - one is familiar with the vitodens and the other was not familiar. I've had a quote and it's not cheap, but am having second thoughts largely due to the limited warranty (7 yr) and reading reports that they are unreliable ?

We have 3 bathrooms with 3 showers, 15 rads heating, and a bath. DHW and central heating, and requirement to have 2 showers possible at same time.

Are my fears overblown and are there better options for this requirement? The 1st heating engineer said it was a good choice. 2nd one suggested some other brands but not that would run 2 showers at same time. Never heard back after his visit.

Any advice appreciated. Due to space I absolutely do not want a system plus tank setup.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
As above.
Doesn't matter what combination you go for, if you've only got 12 litres per minute incoming, could get quite disappointing.

The first guy did a flow check and he said it was fine for the vitodens. I don't remember what it was, 3.5 rings a bell but I have no idea for sure. He used a tool which screwed into the outdoor tap.

Also to add guy number 1 who quoted for 222f and also a Viessmann V100 25Kw system boiler with separate pressurised 200L cylinder, which can be fitted in approx the same space if the boiler goes on the wall above the cylinder. Approx 1k cheaper overall.

The second guy didn't bother to check incoming flow rate.

The question assumes flow rate good enough for a vitodens and was really about vitodens reliability...?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Viessmann 222, I'm told a good unit but I'm not a Viessmann fan particularly however it's an all in one unit which I think has the same limitations as desktop computers with CD and processors in the screen; you're stuck if something fails and the part will be expensive as there's only one source.

Viessmann are not known for cheap parts anyway but separate boiler valves and cylinder means more choice later if something needs replacing or attention.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back