WB 42cdi, Vaillant ecotec 937 or Veissmann Vitodens 222 F

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I'm looking to replace our current central heating and hot water system. We have an old Potterton Kingfisher with a small (117l) hot water tank and a cold water tank in the loft.
We're forever running out of hot water and with 4 adults and 2 children this is not ideal.
We have 1 bathroom and 2 showers in the house but it is rare that 2 people will be bathing at the same time - although more likely to have someone washing up and someone having a shower at the same time.
I'm keen on a combi boiler as I don't need to think about timings for the hot water tank and our hot water needs vary on a daily basis - working shifts.
The Worcester Bosch 42cdi looks good as we have about 20 radiators in the house, but I see that combi boilers with some hot water storage are available which may help with 2 taps on at the same time. I particularly like the specs on the Veissmann Vitodens 222 F. It's going in the garage so size isn't a problem. The mains water flow rate is about 17l/min.
Any advice most welcome.

Sponsored Links
222 every time, with weather compensation..the 100l store is a big enough buffer.. one of my clients had 15 people over chrostmas and no issues with hot water...mostly showering..

Forget about the worcester and the vaillant...

if you've got the room a separate cylinder and boiler will be more reliable and easier to maintain. Probably last longer too.

Someone i know fitted a few of the viessman stores and had a load of grief, leaking expansion vessels that took 3-4 weeks to replace. Hear a lot of bad stuff about viessmann support.
the 937 has had issues with the store shunt pump which still dont seem to be full resolved, WB is just a piece of overpriced tupperware. Wouldn't have any of them tbh.
If you must have this type of boiler have a look at the ATAG Q series combis.

if its going in the garage and space is not limited then you can have any boiler under the sun with a unvented cylinder.

I understand a "all in one" storage combi m, maybe appealing but they are really for when space is a bit tight.

you best bet is a heat only boiler that heats an unvented cylinder. no need to worry about timing it. could easily set it up for hot water priority(always hot water). doing it like that makes it more reliable and easier/cheaper to fix

Sponsored Links
The cost comparison between a 'high' output combi and an unvented hot water system is only maybe a couple of hundred pounds. If you have the space look at the feasability of the system(long term reliability and future parts replacement costs). And get a proper measurement of flow and pressure.

just to add, intergas beats every other boiler inc atag,viessmann,valliant,WB :mrgreen:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back